How to read a Patient’s Medical Summary
Clinicea has inbuilt intelligence, which auto-compiles important information across all visits of the Patient and presents it to you in a concise format as the Patient’s Medical Summary.
Let us go over it step by step as well:
1. Search for a Patient and select the patient to open up the Patient Chart.
2. Patient Chart is now open. Now navigate to the right-hand side of the page to view the Patient Medical Summary. The Green box at the top that displays the Patient Name, Age, and Gender.
Example: Ms. Shalini**,** 37-year-old, Female. The “**A**” represents _Allergies_ recorded against the patient and “**P**” denotes that she is _Pregnant_. You can click on the Green box to access Patient demographic details.
3. A Patient Details window will open.
5. Progress Indicator, the last 30 readings are graphed with averages are shown for quick trend spotting.
You can hover the mouse on each reading to view the date and time it was taken. Example: reading for BMI was taken on 05-May-2019 at 04:05 pm.
6. Click on Lab Trends and you can see which lab results are being monitored. Click to open the graphs.
7. All the remaining section in the Patient’s Medical Summary can be viewed on-demand. This helps in isolating and displaying the important items only. Just click on the down arrow and the section will expand to show the details. Here, we are viewing the investigations section. You can view the last 5 investigations. Each result is color-coded, An _abnormal_ result is shown in _red_, _normal_ in _green_ and _borderline_ in _yellow_.
8. The Patient’s Social History, Medical History and more, are auto-compiled can be viewed on-demand.
9. You can also view your previous notes chronologically under Notes.
10. Of course, if you need, you can access the Digital Drawer that keeps categorized all the information about the patient, by clicking on Past EMR, Past Financial and Past Others.
11. This is what the Digital Drawer looks like. From Past EMR, you can access all Patient information such as Activities, Assessments, Files, History, Immunizations, Investigations, Recalls, and Treatments from here. Similarly, Past Financial with show you the financial transactions and Past Others will have Appointments and Communication history.
Now click on the Medical Summary to return to Patient Medical Summary.
12. You can also set what section of the Medical Summary to be displayed as soon as you open the Patient’s EMR. You can choose anyone from the 3 sections to be displayed. These are Progress Indicators, Immunization, and Past Notes. In the image below, you can see that the Progress Indicator is displayed as soon as you access the EMR.
To know more on how to set the default Medical Summary, please click here.
13. You now can customize what you see in medical Summary. This helps have a 1-page summary tuned exactly pas per how you like to review case notes. This can be done by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the Summary Section. Next click on _Configure Medical Summary_. This opens a new window. Using the toggle box, you can make visible the sections you want to include in your Medical Summary layout. The others will remain hidden from view.
This is how your Summary section would look like once you have made and applied your selection. Remember that there are 2 sections that cannot be hidden. These are _Snapshot_ and _Notes_.
Updated on: 20/06/2023