This article is a guideline on how to set up Preventive Health Reminders for your Patients. Health Reminders can help implement automated care plans for Chronic Patients.
For example, A Patient has been diagnosed with Diabetes and has been advised to take an HbA1c test every 3 months and an Annual Eye Check Up. Therefore, Health Reminders can be set up and Clinicea will auto-send quarterly reminders to the Patient before the scheduled HbA1c test and an annual reminder for the Eye Check Up.
In order to set up Health Reminders, you must first create a Clinical Group which holds these Reminders
Step 1: Let us have a look at how to create a Clinical Group:
1. Go to Tools | Clinical Groups | +Add new.
2. A Clinical Group Detail window will open | type in the Clinical Group Name, ex: Diabetes | Clinical Section, select Health Reminder.
Set as Default, you can check on Set as Default if you want the same item parameters to be used for all other Clinical Groups you will create. Here it should be ignored.
Applies to Gender, you can make the Clinical Group gender-specific. For now, let it be Both.
3. Now, click on ‘+’, to add Item Parameters to the Clinical Group. ex: HbA1c and Annual Eye Check Up.
Search Item Parameters section will open on the right-hand side. You can perform a filtered search on an item, by selecting from the drop-down menu, the clinical section to search in ex: Health Reminders.
If an Item is not found by searching, you will get a prompt to add it as a new item. Select OK. Once the Item is added to the system, click on the + button (in the green window) beside Search and the item will now get added to the left-hand table.
This way, you can add as many Item Parameters as you like.
4. Now, Click on HbA1c and set Interval to 3 months i.e., Repeat this Investigation Reminder for every 3 months. Similarly, for Annual Eye Check-Up, set Interval to 6 months. Click on Save.
5. Done, the Clinical Group has been added. To view, go to Tools | Clinical Groups | type Diabetes and Search.
Step 2: Now, let us have a look at how to assign this Health Reminder to a Patient:
1. Select a Patient and open up the Patient Chart | go to the Patient Medical Summary on the right-hand side of the page | Click on the Past EMR | Recalls.
2. Now, select the Health Reminder you want to add from the drop-down menu. ex: Diabetes | click on the ‘+’ button.
3. Once you add the Health Reminder, both HbA1c test and Annual Eye Check Up will appear under Recalls.
Beside each of the reminder, you will see the following icons:
a. Recurring Health Reminder icon– this icon indicates that the health reminder is a recurring one and hovering the mouse pointer over it also shows the frequency.
b. Dismiss Icon– you can click on this icon if you want to cancel a Health Reminder. But it will not stop the Reminder from being repeated in the future.
c. Mark as Complete icon– you will need to click on this icon, once the task associated with the reminder is complete. When clicked, this icon turns to green.
d. Delete Icon– Click on the three vertical dots icon on the extreme right to delete a Health Reminder from the list. This also removes all future reminders for this recall as well.
Now click on the Mark as Complete icon, to mark the investigations as complete. Click Save.
4. Done! You have successfully set up Health Reminders for the concerned Patient and marked one of the reminders as Complete.
Re-open the Patient Chart | click on the Past Visits tab | Recalls. You will see that one item is Completed. New Reminders have been auto-created for HbA1C (after 3 months) and Eye Checkup (for the next year).
As per your Clinic preference, Health Reminders will also send out SMS to the concerned Patient, 1 day or 2 Day before the Follow-up is due.
Automate care plans, make manual followups a thing of the past. Implementing reminders for Chronic Patients has never been easier.